Buying a used guitar could be great way to save money and get a great instrument that could be in an excellent condition, however here are some tips to help you get the best price whenever you are browsing on OLX, Dubizzle, Facebook Marketplace and Social Medial online stores.
- Always research the Brand and model number online: if you don’t find the model online it means it is a white branded product (white brands products are bought from the manufacturer without a brand and the seller can use his desired brand name). 99% of white brands are entry level.
- Check the price of the instruments online, some listings are priced higher than the authorized dealer retail price. So always check online to double check if the asking price is actually fair.
- The price range if a used instrument should be 50 to 80% of the local retail price of an item. (80% means the instrument is in like-new condition)
- Don’t hesitate to call the local distributors for reference.
- Check the guitar condition before you buy it. (For example, read on how to buy a used classical guitar)
- It is important to be patient when searching for a used guitar. Good deals don't come along every day.
- Don't be afraid to negotiate with the seller. You may be able to get a better price if you're willing to haggle.
Why consider Acoustic Yard when buying your next Used Instrument
- We are a registered company.
- Price: Best prices in the Lebanon.
- Quality: Our instruments are quality-checked by Professionals before being listed.
- Transparency: we mention and provide pictures of every little issue with the instrument.
- New Strings: We always change the strings before selling the used instruments, unless the existing strings are in excellent condition.
- We deliver all over Lebanon.
Here are a general Idea about the prices of the white label brands and what their average price should be if they are used and in Excellent condition
-Classical Guitars: no more than 70$
-Acoustic Guitar: no more than 120$
-Electric Guitar: no more than 130$
-Electric Guitar Amp (10-15 watts): no more than 60$
In conclusion, buying a used guitar can be a great way to save money and get a great instrument. However, it is important to do your research and be aware of the potential risks involved. By following the tips in this article, you can increase your chances of finding a good deal on a used guitar that is in excellent condition.